April 4, 2013

Day 1 - Elizabethtown, KY

It took a while to finish getting ready today.  

Dick was at the Chevy service department by 8am.  The dealer had to finish a transmission repair they started on Monday.  The car was ready by 10, we finished packing by 11, loading and hook-up by noon and were finally on the road.

256 miles later we stopped at Elizabethtown Crossroads Campground.  The route: I-270 to I-71, I-71S to I-264 at Louisville, I-264 to I-65, I-65S to US-62 at Elizabethtown.

The day was overcast, calm and reached a high of 54°F.  The drive was uneventful except for sighting our first spring blooms as we approached Louisville.

Crossing the Ohio River from Cincinnati

Sometimes we cross our earlier travel routes.  We stayed at a different campground in Elizabethtown on May 3, 2011 at the start of our Southeastern Trip.

We were set-up at this campground by 7pm then finished de-winterizing the trailer.  This is the one time of the year when we have to re-learn tasks that were automatic the previous year.  Oh, well!

The campground is convenient.  The facilities are clean, but dated.  It used to be a KOA campground.
Sunset from Site #23

We're planning to visit Lincoln's Birthplace tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment